Monday, January 19, 2015

Climbing skills, revisited

When I posted that climber conversion chart, it wasn't quite right.  It's accctually:

E- = V0 = 5.9
E = V1/V2 = 5.10...
E+ = V3 = 5.11
M- = V4 = 5.12a/b
M = V5/V6 = 5.12c/d
M+ = V7 = 5.13a

So I can already do a few V4s with a very specific sequence of stemming-heavy climbing, heehee.

Today I went to DBC to check out their competition climbs.  I flashed all Rec climbs 1-9, but couldn't do Rec #10.  I flashed Intermediate climbs 1-3, sent #4 on the second try, and couldn't finished #5 or #6.  Rec #10 and Int #5 I will eventually be able to do if I come back a few more times, but Int #6 is definitely beyond my skill level and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable!  I can do all but the last 2-3 moves, and I don't know that I'll be able to get comfortable in that space with any sort of quickness.

In any case, I sent 13 bouldering routes and attempted 3 others at least 3 times, all in the course of an hour.  Not too shabby for a girl who only bouldered for two months, I suppose.

I wish I'd entered the competition!  I would've definitely entered in the "rec" level, and maybe could've won a prize of some sort.

No comments: