Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Back to Cycling

I (foolishly) signed up to do the Double Triple Bypass.  Not just the Triple Bypass, the DOUBLE Triple Bypass.

It's basically so mindboggling hard that I'm not even telling people that I registered for the Double Triple, just that I registered for the Triple.  The triple, that's acceptable, that's not too crazy.  People say, "ah, yes, of course you did that."  But the Double???  That's insanity.  240 miles and 20,000' elevation gain in two days.  AHHHHH.

Except.

I know I can do it.  I've biked all of these passes separately, and of the directions I've done--juniper and loveland west to east are not included here--the only shitty parts are less than a mile each on juniper from east to west and Vail from west to east.

Now it's just a matter of will power and determination.  Part of me is like "whyyyyyyyyy," and the other part is like "BRING IT ON."  Ah, being young.

In any case, now that I registered, my car decided to implode and the weather decided to be spring-in-January, as Colorado is apt to do.  Which means tons of biking!  On the plus side of this particular adventure, I don't need anything else for training.  Holla!

No comments: