Monday, September 14, 2015

Climbing Training!

Christie + galpals and I are heading to Red Rocks to rock climb in November, which means I need to get back into climbing shape!  I reactivated my DBC 24/7 climbing membership for the next two months to accomplish this feat.

Today was my first time bouldering since I killed my membership in January.  And wow, what a fun time!

Purple: 3 E, 1E+
Blue: 6 E
White: 1 E-, 3 E, 2 E+
Green: 1 E-, 8 E, 2 E+
Total: 2 E-, 20 E, 5 E+ = 27 routes!

I climbed those 27 routes in 45 minutes, and for nearly all of them, I also down-climbed completely. This might be some sort of record for me?  Mostly it just felt *really* amazing.  This is somewhat surprising to me, since I also biked today (13 miles roundtrip), and ran two days ago (5+ miles).  But you can't fight bodily happiness!  Climbing is like dancing to me.  The feeling of my body moving gracefully (or sometimes not-so-gracefully) up a wall is just so liberating.  I was born to climb, I've always climbed, and I'll keep climbing as long as I am able. :D

Can't wait to track my progress.  From the looks of it, I was flashing E+ when I left off in January, so I haven't lost any ground.  I didn't attempt any M- today, but will do so on my next visit.  Wonder if I'll actually make that initial goal from last year of getting to M+? Bouldering a V7, which is a 5.13a seems a little absurd to me, but who knows.  I'm already flashing these E+s without effort, and I haven't climbed in forever.  Anything is possible!

No comments: