Sunday, December 21, 2014

Climber Training

Well, I was definitely a bit ambitious with my "climb M+ before going to Kalymnos" plan!!!
I found the ratings conversion chart at the Denver Bouldering Club, and it turns out that would be pretttty insane!

E- = V0 = 5.9
E = V1 = 5.10
E+ = V2 = 5.11
M- = V3 = 5.12a/b

That's as far as I got.  I can flash most V2s in the gym, unless they are overhung.  For overhung, I can do a subset of the V1s, but more than 45 degrees overhung, and I can make it maybe halfway.

Importantly: for the first time EVAR, I did some V3's yesterday!  Two, in fact.  Stemmy/balancy ones, sure, but V3's nevertheless.

I'd definitely like to get to the V5 rating, but that was never going to happen in the 2 month time frame during which I was pseudo-training.  Still, I got significantly better, and I've learned way more climbing technique in these two months than I learned over my previous 5 years of casual/recreational climbing.  Huzzah!

No comments: